Sunday, November 14, 2010

IS this RanDomNess? I think so

Here is a 3 months old post lying on my desktop, which I completed today only. i think i am in the mOOd today (mood to write :P)
well, this is how it goes ---
Sitting in deepu’s room pretending that I am making presentation of eco project that we have tomorrow morning, I am wondering about what I am missing by being here and not being somewhere else. Not that I have some particular place in mind, but still the thought does matter. One of the places which are always stuck in my mind whenever I want a quick stroll outside the lecture hall or some shitty class or anything that don’t interest me is my former pune apartment(rented ofcourse), the living room to be precise, and more I think about it, the more clear its interiors, designing and color becomes. And I wonder what kind of energy does our memory enhold. You stress it a little and see the unexpected things coming out of it. There exists so many things of our past that we think we don’t remember, but I bet if you give it a sincere shot, you can remember anything you want. On the other hand, what I as an engineer like to believe that everything comes with a finite size and that infinity exists just in mathematics formulae, in real life its approximations that play the odds. Because of which it’s impossible to find integration of esinx in mathematics, but it’s a cake-walk in engineering. Why? Coz as engineers we tend to be more realistic and practical. This is clearly a disadvantage if you pursue an mba in HR right after it. Even though it gives you analytical view, the practical application, broader picture and all that bullshit, we console our self with, or maybe partly it gives us an edge over non-engineering junta. But the thing (read sub topic) is that memory is finite, and we fear it will run out soon. So we don’t cram, we learn. :P :flaunt
What gets me thinking is what if I was not an engineer by breed, and something else. I like to believe it would have been much crappier. What? :O I will tell you why - Because, only the young generation knows how crappy it is, not the older lot. They still have the ‘beta bada ho k engineer banega, naam roshan karega’ attitude.
Now going back to main topic, i.e. why I am here and not somewhere else. Well, I forgot to complete it that day, and happened to open this doc today n saw it’s incomplete. I have this obsession of not leaving anything hanging in between. I always need a closure, good or bad, because that's how u open a new window,start a new chapter, make the next move. Well, u got the idea ! Well you can go with multi-tasking too. But anyways, I don’t remember what I was feeling that day anymore, so thought of writing on digression. Which means I don’t have a title for this one, and I have written whatever is coming to my mind, first things all, honestly?
To me, it’s like writing a book. To start a new chapter, you have to end the previous chapter, and to end a chapter, you need a closure, however big or small. So, this haphazard description of random thoughts popping here and there in my head, searching for a way out, was a closure to this chapter.

P.S. The post is honest... i admit i am a geek, i admit i am confused, n i admit i force closures :). I also admit I was a FRAXer (free rider at XLRI) as far as eco presentation was concerned.


Take care people.
Au Revoir

BTW, faridkot laila laila rocks!!

5 comments:

  1. solid likha hai yaar..
    love it .. kya flow hai ..
    jaise maine ek saans main pad daala :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx klorik :)
    okay, background of posts changed

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well written indeed... mind is totally clogged these days... difficult to remember even ur dogs name at times!!! now wonderin main engineer kyun banaa...

    ReplyDelete
  4. when the next blog is comin out???/

    ReplyDelete